Order API allows our customers to order and board hardware and services into our ecosystem on demand without the need of interacting with manual processes. A one-time setup process of the accounts would be needed at the start of integration, and then after customers can place orders at will.
The Order API facilitates and automates:
- The ordering of physical hardware.
- The ordering of services.
- Boarding and maintenance of the Merchants into Verifone systems.
- The automatic billing and shipping of items.
Before you can start using the Order API, a username, password, and connection details are required, which will allow you to access our sandbox/test environment to build your integration in a safe environment.
In addition, depending on the use case on how the API will be used we would need to set up a customer account within our billing system or link to an existing one, one and then provide extra details of the packages that can be ordered through our API.
Once you have these details and an account setup on the verifone.cloud website you can proceed to review the API.
The following are definitions that are used within our API. It is important to understand them as different companies may use them differently.
- Order - An order is a collection of instructions for provisioning and ordering applications and hardware.
- Hardware - Refers to the physical device.
- Service - A software subscribed application/service, e.g. APM, Payment Contract, or a feature, e.g. CNP. Or hardware ownership related services: Swap, Repair, Warranties etc
- Acquirer - An acquiring bank (also known simply as an acquirer) is a bank or financial institution that processes credit or debit card payments on behalf of a merchant. The acquirer allows merchants to accept credit card payments from the card-issuing banks within an association. In the usual scenario, an acquirer is a customer of Verifone. The acquirer has then its own customers who are not Verifone customers directly.
- Merchant - A merchant is a person who trades in commodities produced by other people. Essentially, to a person or persons in a store taking the payments for the goods they sell and who has contact with the Acquirer for processing of funds.
- Customer - An acquirer or merchant or other entity we are charging for hardware or services from Verifone.
- POI - The Point of Interaction. This may refer to a number of different entities but is primarily considered to be the logical Terminal.
The order process internally happens in three stages:
- Order Service will validate the initial order and acknowledge receipt.
- The Order will be first boarded into our internal systems (TMSs, Gateways, Databases, etc.) as applicable.
- The order is sent to our Billing and Fulfilment system whereby any physical hardware is packaged and shipped, and billing may be activated.
All the operations related to order management, which are used to create the initial order, or update the order (assuming the order is not already in progress), search for a single order and get a list of orders that have been placed.
All the operations related to updating managing a merchant once they have been boarded to our system, e.g. update of trading address.