InLine Checkout Guide
The InLine Checkout is a simple and straightforward interface that follows the latest conversion optimization best practices, removing any distracting elements during your customers' ordering process.
2Checkout makes available in merchant cPanel two inline checkout flows that you may choose from, a One-Step and a Multi-Step InLine cart, depending on the shopping experience you want your customers to benefit from via this iFrame.
- One-Step InLine offers customers a seamless shopping experience by enabling them to select a payment method, review the entire order and finally place the order in only one step.
- Multi-Step InLine offers a different checkout experience, in multiple steps, by allowing your customers to review their billing, shipping, and payment information before placing the order.
2Checkout merchants who already have the new InLine shopping cart enabled can generate buy links for the optimized purchase flow from the 2Checkout Control Panel.
Generate buy links
Follow the steps below to generate buy links for your products using the new shopping cart.
- Login to the 2Checkout Merchant Control Panel.
- Go to Setup -> Generate links.
- Click the Inline Checkout tab in the Checkout Links area.
- Select the products you want to generate checkout links for. In case you are using dynamic products, read the instructions from this article.
- Choose the product quantity.
- Click on Generate link.
- Copy the generated link and add it to your website.
Test buy links
You can test the link before adding it to your website in multiple ways:
- Copy the link and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
- Click on Test link to open it in a new browser tab.
- Scan the QR code with a smartphone app to view the checkout page on a mobile device.
Supported payment methods
InLine Checkout supports the following payment methods:
- Credit/debit card
- Visa Electron
- American Express
- PayPal Express
- Bank/Wire transfers
- SEPA Direct Debit
- Credit cards with installments
- Apple Pay
The InLine Checkout is optimized to display popular payment methods based on shopper location. This makes it easier for customers to complete a purchase using their favorite payment method, which will result in a higher conversion rate for you.
The checkout experience is ensured by a one-page checkout flow that enables shoppers to quickly finalize their purchases without spending too much time in the shopping cart.
- Shoppers add the products to their cart.
- Once they reach the shopping cart they can select product options/plans and add a coupon code (if applicable).
- They select the payment method.
- If they choose to pay by card, they enter the billing and card information and finish the payment.
- If they choose to pay through PayPal, 2Checkout automatically takes them to PayPal’s login page where they have to agree and continue with the payment. Afterwards, the shoppers will be redirected to the 2Checkout shopping cart to complete the purchase.
- If they choose to pay through bank/wire transfer, 2Checkout provides them with the required payment details so they can complete the transfer.
- If they choose to pay through iDEAL, 2Checkout automatically takes them to the iDEAL page and they can complete the payment there.
- If they choose to pay through Apple Pay, an Apple Pay payment sheet opens on top of the checkout page on their Apple device.
- If they choose to pay through Alipay, they enter the billing information and then 2Checkout automatically takes them to the Alipay page where they can complete the payment.
- 2Checkout redirects them to the Finish page.
InLine Checkout supported features
Given the continuous developing nature of this project, InLine Checkout currently supports a limited feature subset of the current shopping cart.
Refer to the feature list below to confirm the availability of the features that you are interested in.
|Description / Supported
All the billing currencies currently enabled for your 2Checkout account.
Credit card-based payment methods, PayPal, Apple Pay, Alipay, bank/wire transfer, iDEAL, SEPA Direct Debit, Boleto/Pix for Brazil.
Credit cards with installments via PagBrasil are supported for Brazil.
Credit cards with installments via Iyzico are supported for Turkey (only for MoR merchants).
Available cart languages
Compact shopping card fields
|Supported via Add checkout fields
|Supported via ConvertPlus
|Tax collection and VAT Information Exchange System
|On-the-fly pricing for catalog products
|Supported via Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
|Cross-selling campaigns in Checkout page
|Cross-selling campaigns in Thank you page
|Affiliate network (merchant website links)
|Affiliate network (product links)
Download Insurance Service
Custom cart variables
How to integrate InLine Checkout
1. Find out what Inline Checkout is, its availability, and how to integrate into your checkout flow.
2. How to integrate Inline Checkout into your web store.
3. Read here a full list of Inline Checkout features that are currently supported.
4. After integrating the Inline Checkout with your web store, you are ready to simplify the checkout experience and enable your customers to place orders only by confirming their payment information.
6. Learn how to subscribe/unsubscribe to Inline shopping cart events.
7. How to add a catalog product to the Inline Checkout.
8. How to add a dynamic product to the Inline Checkout.
10. How to set the billing details for the Inline Checkout.
11. How to set cart lock in the Inline Cart.
12. How to set a pricing option for catalog products.
13. How to set the return method in Inline Checkout.
14. How to set test orders in Inline Cart.
20. How to set sale source in the Inline Cart.
22. How to set shipping details in Inline Cart.