The Audit Log allows merchants to monitor activities undertaken by their teams to minimize the risk of fraudulent actions, money laundering actions, or actions that might cause reputational or any other damage.
For this purpose, an Audit Log report is introduced.
The Audit Log is a record that displays the merchant's team's actions within the Verifone Central dashboard. The Audit Log report shows the activities performed by a user that results in data change.
Audit Logs are useful whether you want to manage cases, perform user activity analysis, or conduct a specific survey.
Only users with a Merchant Supervisor role can access the Audit Log section in Verifone Central. Events are recorded only when the users are logged in to Verifone Central.
The Verifone Audit Log aims to improve companies’ security and risk management.
Using the Audit Log functionality, merchants will be able to:
- Access and find out the precise reasons for activities that affected specific operations or procedures
- Keep the company safe with full visibility over daily activities made by users
- Gain insight into fraudulent or unauthorized activities with the potential to damage the company’s operations and/or reputation
Access Audit Log in Verifone Central
- Log in to your Verifone Central account.
- Navigate to Reports and then click on Audit Log.
3. You can filter recorded events per time interval, Organisation, User and Event type.
- Click on Event type and select a specific action, for example, User updated
- Click the Apply button. This action will filter all the user activities under the User updated event type.
4. After setting the desired filters, click on a report line to see more detailed information on the logged event. Selecting a report line will make available the Event Details of the Event type.
5. The Event Details window shows detailed information on the logged event:
6. To reset all the filters and return to the Audit Log menu, click Clear filter.
All the rest of the desired report lines from the Audit Log section behave similarly.
Selecting multiple organisations
Audit log now supports multi-selection in the organization filters. When selecting an organization, automatically its children organizations are also selected recursively.
Audit Log parameters
|Date and time||Time stamp, when an action was undertaken|
What kind of action was undertaken by the user
|User||The name of the Verifone Central user, who has undertaken the action|
|User email address||E-mail of the user in the Verifone Central application|
|User status||Status of the user's account in the Verifone Central application|
|Organisation||An organisation assigned to the user to make actions with|
|Item ID||Identifier of the object that was modified|
|User ID||Verifone Central identifier number assigned to the user|
The following types of events are displayed in the Audit Log report:
- Business information related events (such as Entity Created, POI Deleted or Payment Provider Contract Updated)
- User management related events (such as new user created, user is updated)
- User interaction events (such as user account changes are executed, password is changed)