Follow the steps below to issue a refund using Swish from Verifone Central, or eCommerce API.
Refunding a Swish transaction via Verifone Central
A shopper who has used Swish to pay for a purchase can request a full or partial refund. This is how you can issue a SALE_SETTLED transaction refund action for a Swish transaction via Verifone Central:
Log in to your Merchant account to Verifone Central.
Navigate to the Transaction page.
Select the Transaction ID from the drop-down menu or type the Transaction ID in the search bar.
Click on the transaction and navigate to the Actions tab.
The Refund option is enabled. The following validations are in place:
- The amount cannot be empty.
- The amount cannot be less than 0.01 SEK and more than 999999999999.99 SEK. Moreover, the amount cannot exceed the remaining amount of the original payment that the refund is for (e.g., 100 SEK, a refund cannot be done for 101 SEK).
- Only SEK is accepted as currency.
- The message is optional.
- Refunds can be done for the full amount or partial amount until the original value is reached.
- A refund can be made for a payment for 12 months, after this period the refund option is no longer accepted by Swish.
Enter the amount you want to refund.
Optionally, include a reason for the refund.
Reload the Transactions page to see the final status of the Refund transaction.
If your refund is successful, the shopper is notified in his Swish app.
- If the recipient of a refund cannot receive push notifications, the refund will be visible in the Swish app next time the recipient logs in. The refund is displayed in the recipient’s bank account statement as well.
- If your refund is successful, the transaction is linked to the original transaction and listed in the transactions report, and details are displayed in the transaction logs.
- If the recipient of a refund has terminated the Swish agreement since the original payment occurred, you will receive an error message stating that the refund cannot be processed. In this case, the refund must be done through another channel.
Refunding a Swish transaction via Verifone eCommerce API
A Merchant can integrate directly with eCommerce API to initiate a refund and to take the final status of the refund transaction, by using the next API's: