PrestaShop plugin configuration
Due to the large number of errors that can appear either in the installation, requests, platform incompatibility, etc this guide will not attempt to cover them all.
It’s highly recommended to visit the help center for more in depth trouble shooting.
All errors that may be logged will be logged in Prestashop Admin → “Advanced parameters” → “Logs” section.
If for whatever reason they’re not logged there then the option to view the apache or nginx logs always remains a possibility.
Common errors include:
- Not having the currency of prestashop set to the one that the payment contract supports.
- Entity ID, payment contract ID, or 3ds contract ID don’t math the correct entity that they were created for.
- Enable/Disable cURL verify host and peer being checked but the host server doesn’t have proper TLS certificates.
- In remote cases not having the correct prstashop version installed. ( Tested on Prestashop 1.7.6.x & 1.7.7.x )
- Make sure that the credentials are correct
- This includes payment contract ID, Username, Password, Realm, Entity ID, Client ID, etc.
- If you’re using 3DS make sure that the card actually supports 3DS
In most cases the error may not be caused by the plugin itself as much as various other PHP errors and/or warnings.
In any case if the error is caused by a request to the dimebox server then the error message received when the request fails is very informative.
"message": "Access is restricted to authenticated users only. The query can't be made without a valid JWT (check the Authorization header of your request)."
The above request was denied because the user wasn’t authorized. This is due to an invalid token being present in the Authorization bearer.
This kind of error format will be present on almost all requests that fail and will deliver a concrete error message along with it which it turn will pinpoint the problem precisely.
Most of the time it’s enough to simply check the PrestaShop error logs for such errors.
|Release date||Build||Release notes|
After the installation is done the plugin also needs to be configured with the correct credentials:
- Enabled - Enables the payment method
- Title - The customer facing payment method label
- Test Mode - Targets the test environment or live environment
- Invoice - Invoice the order automatically when successful
- New Order Status - Status for new orders (processing or complete should be selected)
- Region - Region to target
- 3DS - Enable 3DS for transactions
- CVV on Payment - Require CVV
- Enable/Disable cURL verify host and peer - Enable host/SSL verification
- Credentials (see below)
Tracking down the credentials
The credentials needed to be able to accept payments via the connector can be also found in Common Portal.
Username and password
The username and password used to login to the Common Portal.
The client ID is always Common Portal.
The payment contract can be found in the Common Portal / Administration / Organizations. When accessing this page, the Entity ID will be available in the URL:
Payment Contract Id
The payment contract can be found in the Common Portal / Administration / Payment Contract Providers. When accessing the correct payment contract, the Payment Contract Id can be found in the URL:
3DS Contract Id
The 3DS Contract Id is not displayed in the common portal and needs to be provided by support.