Encoding API Key
To encode API keys, follow the authentication method below.
- Indicate Authorization: Basic "user-uid:api key" in the header.
- Replace the "user-uid" and "api key" values with the necessary ones.
- Encode the whole string in base64.
The following "user-uid:api key" string 777c31b3-a85f-4823-93a5-9055d1b:cGEFFLjYuUCtmerXlhTfAdaPpYVnXDJZmg
results in a base64 Nzc3YzMxYjMtYTg1Zi00ODIzLTkzYTUtOTA1NWQxYjpjR0VGRkxqWXVVQ3RtZXJYbGhUZkFkYVBwWVZuWERKWm1n
Thus, the header should look like this:
Authorization: Basic Nzc3YzMxYjMtYTg1Zi00ODIzLTkzYTUtOTA1NWQxYjpjR0VGRkxqWXVVQ3RtZXJYbGhUZkFkYVBwWVZuWERKWm1n
Setting up Basic Auth in Postman
To set up Basic Auth in Postman, follow the steps below. Additionally, you can create a new collection by downloading our OpenAPI specification file available here.
- Navigate to the GET Health check menu item on the Collections page.
- Click the Authorization menu item below the request URL field.
- Choose the Basic Auth option from the Type dropdown list.
- To send the request, paste your "user-uid" into the username field and "api key" into the password. See the screenshot below.
Obtaining API Keys
The expiration date of API Keys is one year from the date of activation. The system automatically sends email notifications every week during the last three months and every day during the last week before the expiration date.
In the recent update of Entity Service and Verifone Central it is now possible to generate the API Keys directly in the Admin Panel.
To obtain the keys, follow the steps below.
- Ensure the valid user logs into the necessary site.
- Navigate to the user settings at the top right corner and select the "API Keys" option from the dropdown menu.
- On the API Keys page, click the "Create API Key" button.
- To copy the key, click the "Copy public key" button and paste it to a safe location. Once the key has been copied, the success message will appear at the right bottom corner of your screen. Remember that your API key expiration period is one year.
- Navigate back to the "My Account" page.
- Locate your "user-uid" by highlighting and copying the rest of the URL in your browser's address field. See the screenshot below.