WooCommerce plugin configuration and troubleshooting
WooCommerce is a plugin that integrates easily with any website built on WordPress. The plugin helps merchants turn their websites into fully functional WordPress eCommerce platforms with just a few clicks.
WooCommerce offers online retailers a suite of services including payments, marketing, shipping, and customer engagement tools to simplify the process of running an eStore for small and enterprise merchants.
Before installing the Verifone Hosted cart, you must meet the following requirements:
- Prerequisites related to the WordPress/ WooCommerce tools:
- Install a WordPress version not older than 5.5.1
- Install the WooCommerce plugin (you can download the latest plugin version from https://woocommerce.com/)
- In the WooCommerce administration panel, under WooCommerce -> Settings -> General, you need to set the Default Customer Location to something other than the "No location by default" setting.
- Prerequisites related to using Verifone Hosted cart in conjunction with the WooCommerce plugin:
- The user that will be utilized in the plugin configuration needs at least one of the following roles assigned: Merchant Supervisor/ Merchant Cashier (in order to check the roles assigned to your user, log in to Verifone Central using the URL you received in your welcome emails and go to Administration → Users)
WooCommerce Integration Settings
This tutorial was written using the default WordPress theme. Other themes may have moved certain menu elements from their original location.
Installation of the Verifone Hosted cart plugin can and should be done just like any other plugin. Overall, there are two possible ways of installing the plugin:
- Via the UI
- Manually, by copying the plugin files to the appropriate location inside the WordPress installation
Installation via the UI
Follow these steps to install the Verifone Hosted cart via WordPress:
- Log in to the WooCommerce admin panel (generally located at <URL>/wp-admin).
- Navigate to Plugins and click on Add new.
3. On the Add Plugins page, click on Upload plugin.
4. Click on Choose File, select your file and press Install now. The plugin folder must be in a .zip format. No other format is accepted at this time.
5. After installing the plugin, navigate to Plugins → Installed Plugins (or simply use the navigation menu on the left-hand side) and click on Activate to enable the plugin.
To install the plugin manually by copying the plugin files to the appropriate location inside the WordPress installation, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your WordPress installation folder.
- Inside it, you should see a folder called wp-content. Navigate to that folder.
- Inside wp-content another folder called plugins should exist. Navigate to the plugins folder.
- Inside the plugins folder, copy and paste ALL the verifone-hosted cart files as they are.
- If you cannot see the folders mentioned above, then your WordPress installation is incorrect.
After installing the plugin, you need to configure the correct credentials.
1. On the WooCommerce dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce → Settings and click on Payments.
2. In the Payments tab, click on Verifone Hosted Cart.
3. The configuration page should look like the one displayed below:
Verifone account settings
The information in the Verifone account settings area is mandatory. After filling out all the fields, click Save changes to save your settings.
- User ID: The ID of the user that generated the API key in Verifone Central. You can find this information in your Verifone Central account, under Profile → API Keys.
- API Key: The value of the API Key you created in Verifone Central.
- Organisation ID: The Organisation ID can be found in Verifone Central, under Administration → Organisations.
- Verifone account region: The region in which your Verifone account is created. Check your Verifone Central access URL if in doubt.
The display settings area allows you to configure the look and feel of your cart. After filling out all the fields, click Save changes to save your settings.
- Checkout type: Choose whether you need the Verifone checkout to be displayed as a standalone page or as an iFrame.
Hosted Payment Page (HPP) - the shopper is redirected to a payment page hosted by Verifone to complete the payment. The shopping cart details, products and quantities can also be sent when doing HPP. Upon completion of the payment process, the shopper is redirected back to the URL of the merchant.
IFRAME allows for merchants to display a payment form component as part of their own website, without having to redirect the shopper. The form is still securely hosted by Verifone, so there is no additional PCI scope required for the merchant with this solution.
- Title: Is displayed on the WooCommerce cart to your shoppers, indicating the name of the Verifone checkout/available payment methods.
- Description: Is displayed on the WooCommerce cart to your shoppers, indicating the description of the Verifone checkout/available payment methods.
- Place order button label: The label on the button leading to the Verifone checkout.
- Theme ID: Add an ID to use a theme different from the default Verifone theme. You can find the ID in Verifone Central in the Theme editor section after you create a customized theme and access it.
If you check the Enable loading state after placing the order checkbox, the WooCommerce UI will display a "loading" type of feedback after the "Place order" button is used.
Card payment settings
The card payment settings area allows you to configure the payment details for your integration. After filling out the fields, click Save changes to save your settings.
- If you check the Enable card payment checkbox, you need to provide information about your Payment provider contract ID. You can find this info in your Verifone Central account, on your Payment Provider Contract page for the contract enabling credit card payments.
- If you check the Enable card 3DS checkbox, you need to provide information about your 3DS Contract ID. The 3DS Contract ID can be found in Verifone Central, under Administration → 3-D Secure Provider Contracts. The purpose of 3-D Secure is to safeguard the online payment by applying an additional authentication step of the cardholder before sending an authorization request to the card issuer.
- Transaction type
- Enable pre-auth - the payment is authorized. If the amount is available, then a hold is set for 30 days.
- Auth - you will be able to capture the pre-authorized amount or a smaller amount manually.
- Sale - the transaction will be automatically captured.
- Check the Enable ABS Installments (valid only for Israel) option, if you have a contract with ABS from Israel through Verifone and wish to make use of it in your cart.
Alternative payment options
Select the alternative payment methods you wish to offer in your checkout and click on Save changes once you are done with your settings:
- PayPal payment provider contract ID: The ID can be found in Verifone Central, under Administration → Payment Provider Contracts, after selecting the contract available for PayPal as a service provider.
- Apple Pay/Google Pay/Mobile Pay/Vipps
- SCA (Strong customer authentication): Select the SCA compliance level required, as instructed by the Verifone team.
- Apple Pay payment provider contract ID: The ID can be found in Verifone Central, under Administration → Payment Provider Contracts, after selecting the contract available for Apple Pay as a service provider.
- no additional fields should be configured
- no additional fields should be configured
- GPP2 payment provider contract ID: The ID can be found in Verifone Central, under Administration → Payment Provider Contracts, after selecting the contract available for GPP2 as a service provider.
The advanced settings allow the more advanced options to be tuned:
- Complete order on payment: Change the order status as complete automatically after the payment is successfully made.
- Enable cURL verify host and peer: Enable to avoid plugin requests to time out.
- Empty shopping cart when placing order: This option will empty the shopping cart when the buyer is redirected to Verifone. Keep unchecked if you want the buyer to be able to recover their cart until they have successfully paid for the order.
Setting up webhooks
To set up webhooks for the cart events, follow these steps:
1. Go to WooCommerce → Settings and click on the Payments tab.
2. Copy the URL below from the Payments tab.
3. Paste the URL into your Verifone Central account, under Notifications.
4. Fill out all the fields to create your notification (webhook) and click Save to update your settings.
Error handling and troubleshooting
If you encounter any errors during the installation and configuration of the WooCommerce plugin, you can find a log of all errors in the WooCommerce dashboard, under WooCommerce → Status → Logs. In order to speed up the resolution, please attach these logs when creating a support ticket as it will help our support teams track down the issue.
On the right-hand side of the screen select the log you wish to view and click on the View button.
Generally, errors will initially appear due to some misconfiguration:
- Not having created a public key for Secure Card Capture
- Make sure that the user ID and API Key are correct
- Make sure you are not using Test mode when in fact you meant to use Live mode
- Make sure that the Region is correct
- If using cURL verify host and peer, make sure that both the host and the peer are using TLS
- If you are using 3DS, make sure that the card actually supports 3DS
- If the plugin appears to not be working, make sure that it is in the correct location
Download the Verifone Payment Module
|Release date||Build||Release notes|