Product files manager
2Checkout supports automated delivery your digital product files to shoppers immediately after successfully placing an order. The files are stored on 2Checkout's secure, high bandwidth servers and scanned for malware before being available to your shoppers. You can assign multiple product files to one product in the download page, in case your delivery requires separate installation files. If your product has support for multiple operating systems: Windows, MAC OSX, etc, your shoppers can receive and download the product files for all supported versions.
All 2Checkout accounts.
- Upload file size is limited. For larger files please contact 2Checkout.
- Total storage size is limited based on the type of your 2Checkout account. Contact 2Checkout for more details.
- Download URLs are limited in time and number of tries, to avoid the risk of stolen or resold codes.
- Go to Setup -> Fulfillment-> Product files.
- Choose a file to upload and give it a display name.
- Add a description for the product file, that will be displayed in the download product page. HTML tags are allowed.
- Optionally, give the file a version.
- Click Add file.
Upload files and your shoppers get the option to download a fully registered version of your digital products immediately after successfully placing an order.
2Checkout sends shoppers emails including download links for the purchased products and they can instantly download these from our servers.
Once the file is uploaded, 2Checkout scans it for malware. You can see the scan status of the file in the Scan status column:
- Clean - Product file is clean and is being delivered to shoppers.
- In progress - Product file is being uploaded and scanned. During a file update process, old files are still available to shoppers.
- Under review - Product file is being reviewed by 2Checkout. During this process, old files are still available to shoppers.
- Malicious - Product file was marked as malicious and is not being delivered to shoppers. If this status is a result of a file update, the last clean version is still available to your shoppers.
If you have a new version of a file that already exists, click Edit and follow instructions on screen to make the latest version available to your shoppers. This assumes that the key codes of the old version will still work with the new application.
Shoppers purchasing the Download Insurance Service always receive the latest available files. To keep multiple file versions available, add a new file with a different file version.
Assign new products
Assign a file to products from the Assign new products section in the edit file page. You can assign one file to multiple products by selecting the products available from the list to which the file should be assigned. Click here to learn how to assign multiple files to a single product.
When you assign a file to a new product, you need to select the delivery services for which the product file will be available. Keep in mind that the availability setup you choose impacts and overwrites your product fulfillment configurations. Check your product setup to make sure that the files you assigned have the desired download, Backup Media, Download Insurance Service and partner availability setup.
You can assign files only to products with delivery type set to Fulfillment made through 2Checkout.
In the Assigned products section from the edit file page you can see the products to which each file is assigned.
The products are listed together with the delivery services available: download link, Backup Media, download insurance service (DIS), and partner (channel manager). Go to Product > Fulfillment in case you want to edit the file availability for delivery services, as changes are not allowed from the product edit page.