2Checkout automatically sends out the payment confirmation email to provide shoppers with a confirmation of having successfully placed the order.
As of July 13th, 2016, you can use a redesigned template complete with fresh content. The new template has replaced the previous payment confirmation email, but any customization you have in place, either in terms of styling or content, continues to be available.
All 2Checkout accounts.
What is the purpose of this email?
2Checkout sends the payment confirmation email for all successfully placed orders for which it has started processing transactions.
The email includes one or several of the following:
- Purchase details with information on ordered products, quantities, unit prices, taxes, and total amount.
- Indication of next steps to be expected (the shoppers are informed they will be sent a payment receipt email once the payment is authorized and delivery information - if applicable).
- Technical and payment support contact details.
Is this the only email my shoppers receive after placing an order?
2Checkout sends the payment confirmation email for all successfully placed orders.
Preview and test email
Navigate to the Email template manager section to:
- Preview and test current templates for emails sent to your shoppers
- Customize the header and the footer sections by creating custom templates you can assign to your emails
Access the payment confirmation email under the Order section.
Why don't I see the new template for this email?
The redesigned template for the payment confirmation email has automatically replaced default templates.
If your preview of payment confirmation email does not show the new template, you are most probably using a customized version that includes content and/or styling your company requested at a certain point in time.
You can compare the above sample to your current template and send us an email if you decide the new one suits your business needs better. We will work with you on the switch.