UnionPay (to be deprecated)
Last updated: 01-Mar-2024
Rate this article:
This payment method will be deprecated. It is only currently available on API. A new version is available here.
UnionPay is a payment method available worldwide, but very popular in APAC countries. It supports recurring payments.
UnionPay is very popular in China, Macau, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
CNY, USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, CHF, JPY, PLN, SEK, RUB, BRL, ZAR.
- Consumers place orders and choose to pay with UnionPay.
- Consumers are redirected to UnionPay and select their preferred authentication method
- UnionPay submits the authorization request to 2Checkout.
- The issuer provides feedback with the result of the transaction to UnionPay. When a transaction is successful the funds are transferred to UnionPay.
- UnionPay provides feedback with the result of the transaction to an intermediary payment processor.
- The payment process provides feedback with the result of the transaction to the 2Checkout.
- UnionPay provides reporting to the payment processor.
- The payment processor settles the funds directly into 2Checkout's local bank account, issues reports, and invoices.
- What email does 2Checkout send to shoppers to confirm orders?
- 2Checkout send emails similar to those used for the Wire transfer process, treating UnionPay as an offline payment method (not instantaneous).
- Does 2Checkout send follow-up emails for unfinished payments with UnionPay?
- 2Checkout sends the same type of emails as it does for other offline payment methods: Bank/Wire transfer, Boleto/Pix, Konbini, Giropay. The first email is sent 7 days after shoppers place their order.
- How long does 2Checkout try to collect funds for an unfinished payment?
- 2Checkout performs daily, successive tries to collect funds for orders placed using UnionPay as a payment method for 30 days.
Rate this article: