Set up A/B testing scenarios for up-selling campaigns to identify the most efficient up-selling placement.
Requirements & limitations
- Up-selling placements applied through the UPSELL_DISPLAY_TYPE parameter directly into the URL are not taken into account in the A/B test.
- You need to activate the up-selling campaigns before you can use them in the A/B tests.
When shoppers places the orders, the test is considered successful regardless of the order or payment status.
- Go to the Upselling page and define the upselling campaigns that you want to test.
- Activate the up-selling campaigns that you want to use in your test.
- Navigate to the A/B Testing page and click the Campaigns tab.
- Scroll to the Up-selling campaign placement section and click Edit Campaign on an inactive campaign.If you don't have any existing campaigns, click the Configure new campaign button.
- Fill in the details of the new campaign, such as the campaign name, maximum number of tests and the date when the campaign should end. Make sure to select the up-selling campaign to run the tests on from the Up-selling campaign drop-down menu.
- Create a new scenario by selecting an up-selling placement style. You can choose between Interstitial webpage and Overlay window.
- Click Add Scenario.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have used the entire available traffic.
- Click Save campaign.
- Go back to the Campaigns tab and click Start Campaign when you want the campaign to begin.
What up-selling campaigns are being used in my A/B tests?
When you open an up-selling campaign's configuration page, a notification informs you if the campaign is being used in an A/B test at that moment.