2Checkout automatically sends out the payment receipt email to provide shoppers with confirmation and details of their payment.
As of July 13th, 2016, you can use a redesigned template complete with fresh content. The new template has replaced the previous payment receipt email, but any customization you have in place, either in terms of styling or content, continues to be available.
All 2Checkout accounts.
What is the purpose of this email?
2Checkout sends the payment receipt email for all successfully authorized transactions.
The email provides confirmation and detailed information on the content of the order placed by your shoppers and on the payment they performed:
- Payment receipt with information on the payment method, ordered products, quantities, unit prices, taxes, and total amount.
- Billing/Delivery Information.
- Cross-sell products (provided you have an active cross-sell campaign set to also be displayed in the payment receipt email).
- Technical and payment support contact details.
Is this the only email my shoppers receive after placing an order?
2Checkout can send the payment receipt email either standalone or combined with the electronic delivery notification (in one single email).
Depending on your account's setup, for each order containing at least one product configured with 2Checkout delivery your shoppers can receive:
- Default: One email containing both the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages
- Two email notifications: The payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately
- Three email notifications: An order confirmation email, plus the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately
Contact 2Checkout to change your default configuration if you find another setup better suited for your customers.
Preview and test email
Navigate to the Email template manager section to:
- Preview and test current templates for emails sent to your shoppers
- Customize the header and the footer sections by creating custom templates you can assign to your emails
Access the payment receipt email under the Order section.
Why don't I see the new template for this email?
The redesigned template for the payment receipt email has automatically replaced default templates.
If your preview of payment receipt email does not show the new template, you are most probably using a customized version that includes content and/or styling your company requested at a certain point in time.
You can compare the above sample to your current template and send us an email if you decide the new one suits your business needs better. We will work with you on the switch.