Customize account statements for shopper charges
Customize and personalize the account statement for shopper charges with your company's information or product details. The personalized info will appear on all statements issued for credit and debit card transactions.
Please contact 2Checkout directly if you wish to start using this feature.
The maximum number of characters is 22 for the custom text and the 2Checkout reference included on account statements.
How can I customize the account statement?
1. Contact 2Checkout to make sure your account is eligible for this functionality and to enable the feature.
2. Navigate to Account Settings and then click Edit system settings and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. Insert your custom text in the field available in the Account Statement area.
4. Click Save.
By default, the custom field value is empty and the URL of your homepage set under Account information is used. For example, if your homepage is https://www.MyHomePage.com, the 2Checkout system will use MyHomePage.com to personalize account statements until you supply a custom text.
How does it work?
1. Once enabled, your homepage information will be used by default along with a 2Checkout reference to personalize account statements for your shoppers that used card transaction to acquire your products.
2. After you introduce custom text, the reference supplied is used instead of your homepage. For example, if by default, the system uses 2checkout |MyHomePage.com, and you insert Company as your custom text, account statements will be personalized using 2checkout | Company (max total number of characters is 22).
This feature is designed to help shoppers better identify charges made using their credit cards, reducing the risk of refund/chargeback.